During the journey of applying overseas to see a new part of the world, I’ve been asked to make a test game after I go succeed in the online coding test. I was asked to make a basic TD game with one tower type and one or two enemy types. Within ~10 hours during 3 days. But the fact is….I mad it in less than 10 hours in one single day, with a new custom assets I’ve made specially for the game…ahaaa and so many tower and enemy types ^_^ And It was my pleaser to get a direct short email response says “Wow, I think this is the fastest we’ve ever received an assignment back”..
As the game was made for test, it feel glad to share the source code. it was made in a rush, so I need sometime to add some comments to the code ..Just in case you are a beginner and want to use it as a base or study it. I tried hard to make the game friendly to add or remove new unit types, so you will find it so helpful..
- 3 Enemy types (each can affect certain type of your towers).
- 5 Tower types (each can affect certain enemy).
- Either Enemy or Tower, have 100% health, cool down period between the bullets, and different damage powers.
- The game one level with 3 waves getting harder each time.
- You can insert, remove or replace towers before playing (yaaaay, I don’t like the idea of hit play and leave it simulate, the best thing about TD is how to manage putting ur entities).
- I made all the assets today as well ^_^ I hope you like them.
- I put some sounds I’ve generated using BFXR
- There is fast forward button -_-
- Any one of the enemies reach your green castle, the level ends
- The base can by acquired only, and not get hit by bullets. But the tower can get hits.
- Easily change (in the editor) the waves number or it’s fleets within couple of seconds. I mean very customizable.
What I was hoping to do, but the time limits me:
- Read the towers/enemies attributes from an XML file or a google spreadsheet
- Add animations to the canons pipes itself, to look more cartoony
- Grid system with Blocks or Hexagons
And finally here are the GDP (Game Design Paper) I made for it during my lunch time..