Tokyo Game Show, Japan 2013
*Am Muhammad. Born in Egypt & worked there, traveled a lot to work in different countries & now am working in Shanghai, China as a Gameplay Programmer in Multi-National Multiplatform games Company and doing some tools, features, optimizations, networking….etc . Very passionate about games and like to write codes using any language, SDK, Framework or even engine. Like to have new challenges to learn new thing everyday. Always have the same birthday wish every year, which to be able to spent the next 100 year in my computer and IDE making games;
*I learned a lot on the past years about 3d & this helps me a lot to make mini indie games. Apart from programming games I can Code meL, Model, Rig, UV, Texture, Animate , Light, Simulate effects and Render with RenderMan or MentalRay ūüôā
* Because All my knowledge is a self taught effort, I’m glad to say I’m not the best (no one is perfect btw) and I’m lacking for knowledge/stuff!
*For me IOS/Android games are fine, but am enjoying more playing/developing for PC & Consoles where a developer can put more & player can get more;
*¬†people who have worked with me always used to say 2 things :
– I’m Lucky person !
– I’ve a huge positive energy, and I do pass it to anyone around me!
Note: all the work here is personal(Because this site just for my personal & free time activities.), for the list of commercial projects I take part in, please contact me; or check my LinkedIn profile.
– Max Payne I, II¬†&III
–[Again] Max Payne I, II¬†&III
–[And Again] Max Payne I, II¬†&III
– Mario Kart (Mostly 8)
– GTA I, II, III, IV¬†&V
– Watch Dogs
– Super Mario 3D World [any Mario or Luigi game, even if it is not an official version !]
– Donkey Kong [Any!, but Tropical Freeze is my most loved one]
– Mafia I & II
– COD I, II, III, IV & Ghosts.
– Batman Arkham (Asylum, City, Origins & Knight)
– Castle Of Illusion
– Max and¬†magic Marker¬†I & II(curse of brotherhood)
– Valiant Hearts The Great War
– Rayman Legends & Fiesta Run
– Crash Bandicoot & CTR
– Crush [PSP]
– Fifa¬†& PES
And of course lots of other games, but this one was the most remarkable games¬†for me.¬†I really enjoyed every frame and pixel inside those¬†games!
–¬†WWWWWWW IIIIIIIIIIIII UUUUUUUUU (WIIU for short)
– DS, 3DS,¬† 3DSXL & the new XL
–¬†XBox360 & XBox One
– PS 4
– PC <3
#My Thoughts in game development:
-Games are not only for fun, it should help the players¬†with something. And a good game should change something inside the player.
–¬†Anyone can make AI think. but few people can make an AI feel and breath !
– A good programmer is like a MONKEY, keeps jumping between branches all the day.
– A good game is a mix of good experience, gameplay & design. Not good Artists and good programmers.
–¬†The game story is a mechanic. For a good game, all mechanics should be good, if story is bad, it affects the game, but good gameplay could still make it worth playing¬†(adopted from a friend).
– Visual programming is a new great way to make game logic. but not for programmers !
–¬†Don’t make a virtual controllers in a mobile touch screen, the best input to fit that devices is the taps/swipes & gyroscopes. If you want on screen buttons, then go and play console or pc with a controller.
– Both are useless for a team; a stupid artist , and a blind programmer!
– You must watch Extra Credits videos everyday!
– While people call a GDD “Game Design Document“, I’m tending more to call it “Good Design Document“.
–¬†A Programmer is the person who write the art applications. So we (as programmers) must understand art correctly and learn how to make it!
–¬†My definition of the “dumb” programmer: Who is the one thinks he can get his game/app 100% secure from reverse engineering. Please spend some time in the product itself, because…People who invest lots of time trying to make the game secure, either have nothing to make them busy or the have no expertise and they want to prove that they have some of it!
– The best way to teach a new programmer or to get a new member into the project, is just by submitting bugs to him/her to fix.
Each of them came to my head with a special situation in my life
which affected me and my thoughts
*”You can get my passport, but you will not be able to make any use of it without me!”
*”Playing a game is great, but making one is AWESOME”
*”When flood comes and kill lots of people. don’t cheer up if you survive because you will die with the next flood”
*”Never trust a boss, unless he was your friend before being a boss”
*”Lose the king, but try to never lose the Minister”
*”Although you are so tired, you will never sleep while thinking !”
*”Looking more back, give you more chance to fall forward”
*”Never disrespect anyone’s job, whatever it looks trivial for you. the most small gear in the world can stop the biggest ship from moving, or may submerge thousands of innocent souls”
*”Life is simple, but fools want/make it complex”
*”The most common mistake for humans, is that they keep expecting things from each other !”
–Last Update: 8th September 2013